Colour and Shapes
My path to art came in a round about way. An unconventional art teacher at school, a painting circle during GDR times with Otto Knöpfer, a failed application to study painting at art school.
Then for many years I have worked in my trained profession as translator and later as web designer.
Some years ago a re-start at the printing workshop with Alexander Hartmann, Leipzig artist. Oil painting, life drawing. Then courses with Irish artist Pauline Agnew and US-American artist Melinda Cootsona.
My paintings range between semi-abstract landscapes and expressive figurative art. I experiment with various techniques and materials. With colour I am looking for expressions of feelings, of how I see the world.
A moment of resistance against transciency.
So I paint I am.
- born in Arnstadt, Germany
- since 1984 based in Leipzig
- Leipzig university English and Portuguese
- since 2002 freelance web designer
- since 2015 I have again concentrated on painting and drawing
- 2015 – 2017 oil painting and life drawing courses with Alexander Hartmann, Leipzig artist
- 2018/2019 courses and workshops with Petra Watzlawik, Leipzig artist
- further courses since then with Pauline Agnew – Irish artist and with Melinda Cootsona and Caren Ginsberg – US-American artists
- 2021 Nacht der Kunst, Leipzig
- 2021 (February – August) exhibition in the chapel of the Helios hospital Meiningen
- 2019 Nacht der Kunst, Leipzig